Las Vegas is a city that knows how to throw a party. Bars and restaurants are preparing for weeks of festive holidays promotions, company holiday parties, and an influx of visitors. With everyone getting revved up for the big holiday parties, what does that mean to you as a TAM® Card holder? You need to be prepared. Be extra vigilant in checking identification and observing guests. Also, make sure your TAM® Card isn’t about to expire.
If you need to renew your card prior to the start of the New Year, check out our holiday schedule below to find a class that works for your schedule. Don’t delay; make sure you are able to obtain your card in time. Remember, we also offer exam proctoring for online students six days a week.
- Wednesday 12/18 – Last Mesquite class of 2013 will be held at the Virgin River Hotel Casino at 8:00am.
- Thursday 12/19 – Open 8:30am-5:00pm. Last Spanish class of 2013 will be held at 9:00am.
- Tuesday 12/24 and Wednesday 12/25 – CLOSED.
- Thursday 12/26 – Open 8:30am-5:00pm. Class at 9:00am only.
- Friday 12/27– Open 8:30am-5:00pm. Classes at 9:00am and 2:00pm.
- Saturday 12/28 – Open 8:30am-5:00pm. Class at 9:00am only.
- Monday 12/30 – Open 8:30am-5:00pm. Classes at 9:00am and 2:00pm.
- Tuesday 12/31 – Open 8:30am-5:00pm. Open lab day.
- Wednesday 1/1 and Thursday 1/2 –CLOSED. We will reopen for normal business hours beginning Friday, January 3rd at 8:30am.
TAM® of Nevada wants to wish all of our students a safe and happy holiday season and New Year!
Here at TAM® of Nevada, we’re dedicated to excellent customer service, and educating our customers about the ins and outs of beverage service compliance here in Nevada. We’re open six days a week to teach classes and answer your questions. We often find ourselves providing details to our customers on several of the same topics. Here are the answers to some of your most burning questions:
- Can I also obtain my Sherriff/Work Card at the TAM® Office? Unfortunately, no. We are the only location in Nevada where you can obtain an official TAM® Card, but you’ll need to go elsewhere for your other employment requirements. A Sherriff/Work Card may be obtained from the Las Vegas Metro Police Department. For more information on Sherriff’s Cards, refer to the LVMPD website.
- What forms of picture I.D. are accepted for proof of identification at the TAM® Office? You’ll need to show us a picture I.D. before completing your proctored exam and picking up your card. Luckily, we accept several forms of I.D.! In addition to Nevada and out-of-state driver’s licenses, passports, and state ID cards, please refer to our website for a completing listing of valid forms of identification.
- What if I lost my TAM® Card or changed my last name? We often hear from students who have lost their TAM® Card, or changed their last name after marriage and were directed by their HR Office to update their TAM® Cards. If you originally obtained your card from TAM® of Nevada and it was not expired, there is no need to repeat the class! You may obtain a replacement TAM® Card at our office at a cost of $10. Please visit us during business hours, and bring photo identification. We’ll take your picture and print your new card right away.
- My TAM® Card is expired. How do I renew my card? Contrary to popular belief, there is no such thing as a “shorter” class for students who need to renew their alcohol education cards. State law mandates that students must complete the ENTIRE program following specific topics and curriculum every four years in order to remain in compliance. Plan on dedicating about 3 hours to your course – either online or in the classroom, followed by a short exam. Trade in your old card and get a new TAM Card® today.
- I want to attend class tomorrow. Do I need to register online, or can I walk-in? The choice is entirely up to you! You may visit our website to register for an upcoming course, or you may review our schedule and choose one of our convenient class times without pre-registering. For walks-ins, please arrive fifteen minutes before class begins to register at the door.
Still have questions? Visit the FAQs section of our website where you may find the answers you are looking for. You may also contact us by phone at 702-545-6664, email at [email protected], or send us a Facebook message at www.facebook.com/tamnevada. We’re happy to hear from you and look forward to answering your questions!
Good news for TAM® students in Laughlin! There’s no longer a need to travel to Las Vegas to complete a TAM® Class or proctored exam. Starting this Thursday, June 27th, we will be proctoring final exams, by appointment only, for online students in Laughlin at the Laughlin Chamber of Commerce building, in the Manpower office. Find us at 1585 S. Casino Drive, Suite #550, Laughlin, NV 89029.
The process for Laughlin students is simple:
- Sign up for the online TAM® class. One of the biggest benefits of completing your training online is that the course is available to you 24/7, any time day or night.
- Once you’ve completed the course, contact the office at 928-753-1113 to schedule your exam. Head to our Laughlin location to take the short test. There’s no additional cost to you to take your TAM® exam. Come prepared with a picture I.D. to prove your identity, such as a driver’s license or passport. For more examples of accepted forms of ID, visit the TAM website.
- Smile! After you complete your exam, we’ll take your picture for your TAM® Card. You’ll be TAM®-certified and ready to work immediately after passing your exam.
We look forward to educating new and returning students in Laughlin, Nevada. And remember, classes are also offered six days a week at our Training Center in Las Vegas, and the third Wednesday of every month in Mesquite. Check our class schedule to find a time that works for you.
© 2013 National Hospitality Institute®, TAM® of Nevada
Alcohol awareness cards expire every four years, are you due for renewal in 2013? Renewing your TAM® Card or alcohol awareness card has never been easier. Additionally, if you have obtained your alcohol awareness card from a different provider in the past, you can still renew with TAM® of Nevada. Why not complete the best training available and trade up for an official TAM® Card?
Please use the following information as a “cheat sheet” of TAM® Card renewal information, and pass on to anyone you know who may benefit from these details.
- Contrary to popular belief, there is no such thing as a “shorter” class for students who need to renew their alcohol education cards. State law mandates that students must complete the ENTIRE program following specific topics and curriculum every four years in order to remain in compliance. Plan on dedicating about 3 hours to your course, followed by a short exam.
- Online or on-site, the choice is yours on which option fits best with your lifestyle and schedule. Classroom training is NOT required; you can take your alcohol awareness course online. You’ll receive the same great training and a valid TAM® Card with either option.
- We now also offer open lab time on Tuesdays for students who would like to complete their alcohol awareness training online, but do not have access to a computer. Students are welcome to visit our training center and use our computer lab to complete their training every Tuesday between 9:00am and 5:00pm.
TAM® is the industry-leading program for responsible alcohol server training and is approved by the Commission on Postsecondary Education in Nevada. Don’t accept substitutes. Trade in your old card and get a new TAM Card® today.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
© 2013 National Hospitality Institute®, TAM® of Nevada