Great news! The TAM® of Nevada office is open for business. Our regular business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm and Saturdays from 9:30am-12:30pm.
In addition to our online alcohol awareness course, we are offering in-person final exams for our customers. We are taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of our staff and visitors.
Online training – As always, we continue to offer online access to official TAM® 24/7 at www.tamnevada.com. You can complete your mandatory alcohol awareness training at your home or on your mobile device.
Limit number of individuals in our office at any one time – To better practice social distancing, a maximum of 8 individuals will be allowed in our offices at a time. If the office is full, you’ll be asked to wait outside or remain in your car. Due to this restriction, we are not offering in-person TAM classes in Las Vegas. Please continue to complete your training online and visit our office only for your final exam and card pickup.
Hand sanitizer and masks – All visitors are asked to use the hand sanitizer provided at our office entrance. Masks are required when you visit our office. If you visit our office without a mask, masks will be available for purchase at our reception desk at a cost of $1. Proceeds from mask sales will be donated to a local charity.
As always, the TAM Staff is here to support you. Please let us know if you have any questions, concerns, or issues. Our friendly staff can be reached at email@example.com and by phone at (702) 545-6664.
Please don’t visit the office if you are sick. We will work with you the best we can to facilitate your TAM training! If you need any special accommodations, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep in mind these measures are temporary while we all work to help contain the public spread of coronavirus.
We’ve gotten a lot questions from our students about the new rules for restaurants selling beer and wine to-go during the pandemic. As the COVID situation continues to evolve, some Nevada communities are allowing some temporary exceptions to their alcohol sales rules.
The Clark County Department of Business License has released a helpful guide with details that should be reviewed by all alcohol sales professionals. Here is a summary are the main points you should know:
- Clark County, the City of Las Vegas, and Henderson all have different rules for curbside alcohol sales. Make sure to visit the link above and read the rules for your jurisdiction.
- Businesses may need to apply for temporary licenses to offer alcohol to-go.
- In Clark County: Businesses can offer beer and wine on curbside to-go orders, but those orders must also include food. They may not sell hard liquor, or mixed drinks. Delivery services including Door Dash and Uber Eats are prohibited from delivering alcohol.
- In Las Vegas: Any alcohol sold must be in the sealed manufacturers’ container. That means no mixed drinks or house-blended beverages like sangria. A business can only sell the types of alcohol they are already licensed for. For example, a beer and wine licensee can only offer beer and wine with their to-go orders. They would not be permitted to sell hard liquor.
- In Henderson: Businesses can offer beer and wine on curbside to-go orders, but the order must also include food.
- Alcohol Awareness Cards: TAM Cards® are still required for ALL sellers and servers of alcoholic beverages. This program has not been suspended. If you or your employees are responsible for making curbside to-go sales of alcoholic beverages, ensure you have a valid TAM Card or else you could face penalties. Official TAM Cards can be obtained from TAM of Nevada.
Remember, these rules are temporary. Businesses should communicate with licensing authorities in their jurisdiction to make sure they are in compliance.
Alcohol sales professionals should continue to use the Techniques of Alcohol Management when they make curbside to-go alcohol sales. The same rules you learn in your TAM training still apply.
- Always check for valid I.D. before making a sale.
- You should not make a sale to someone who is visibly intoxicated. This is double as important when selling alcoholic beverages to someone who is immediately going to get back in their car and drive away.
If you have questions about getting a new TAM Card or renewing an existing TAM Card, you may contact us at email@example.com. The official TAM course is always available 24/7 at www.tamnevada.com.
Congratulations to Anjel T. of Las Vegas, winner of our most recent quarterly gift card giveaway!
Have you recently finished an alcohol awareness class with TAM® of Nevada? If so, we’d like to hear from you. Here at the TAM® office, we look to our customers their feedback on our business – from start to finish. As a token of thanks, we enter all our survey respondents into a quarterly drawing for a $25 Amazon.com gift card prize.
If you’ve recently completed your TAM® course, we invite you to access the survey and submit your response before our next drawing. Let us know your favorite part of the training, what you’ve learned, or your experiences with staff. You can also use the survey to ask us any questions you have.
Thank you again for choosing TAM for your alcohol awareness training. Remember to visit TAM of Nevada on Facebook and keep the conversation going.
Great news, Mesquite! We are happy to announce that beginning on Wednesday, August 19th, we will be returning to Mesquite to serve you better. We’ll be offering TAM Card® classes and exam proctoring on the third Wednesday of each month.
We’ll be following health and safety procedures to respect social distancing during class. Students will sit at least six feet apart and will need to wear a mask for the entirety of the class.
Please join us at the Casa Blanca Resort and Casino located at 950 W. Mesquite Boulevard. Class will be held in the Cortez Room at 8:30am. For students who have already completed the official online course, please arrive at 11:00 am for a short final exam.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (702) 545-6664 and we’ll be happy to help. You may visit the TAM Card Classroom Course page on the website to learn more about class dates, times, and pricing.
We look forward to seeing our Mesquite students again very soon.