TAM® of Nevada is helping give back to our community by partnering up with HELP of Southern Nevada to help make Thanksgiving a little happier for local families with our Thanksgiving Food Drive. With your help, hundreds of families will be able to make Thanksgiving Memories with their loved ones.
If you’re coming to our Training Center to complete your TAM® exam in the month of November, please consider bringing along a donation of non-perishables or canned goods to donate to our donation drop-box.
Students and anyone else who wishes to donate can stop in at our training center at 2310 Paseo Del Prado, Ste A106, in Las Vegas and drop off non-perishables and canned goods during business hours.
Items in high demand for the holidays include stuffing, instant mashed potatoes, gravy, vegetables, cranberries and desserts such as pie filling. Other items to consider donating include soups, canned fruits, or you can even drop your spare change in our collection jar. No perishable items or home-canned foods please!
We look forward to seeing students and community members in the month of November and sincerely wish a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Our office will be closed tomorrow 10/24 for building maintenance. The official TAM Card course is still available 24/7 at www.tamnevada.com. We look forward to seeing you in person again on Monday!
We’ve gotten a lot questions from our students about the new rules for restaurants selling beer and wine to-go during the pandemic. As the COVID situation continues to evolve, some Nevada communities are allowing some temporary exceptions to their alcohol sales rules.
The Clark County Department of Business License has released a helpful guide with details that should be reviewed by all alcohol sales professionals. Here is a summary are the main points you should know:
- Clark County, the City of Las Vegas, and Henderson all have different rules for curbside alcohol sales. Make sure to visit the link above and read the rules for your jurisdiction.
- Businesses may need to apply for temporary licenses to offer alcohol to-go.
- In Clark County: Businesses can offer beer and wine on curbside to-go orders, but those orders must also include food. They may not sell hard liquor, or mixed drinks. Delivery services including Door Dash and Uber Eats are prohibited from delivering alcohol.
- In Las Vegas: Any alcohol sold must be in the sealed manufacturers’ container. That means no mixed drinks or house-blended beverages like sangria. A business can only sell the types of alcohol they are already licensed for. For example, a beer and wine licensee can only offer beer and wine with their to-go orders. They would not be permitted to sell hard liquor.
- In Henderson: Businesses can offer beer and wine on curbside to-go orders, but the order must also include food.
- Alcohol Awareness Cards: TAM Cards® are still required for ALL sellers and servers of alcoholic beverages. This program has not been suspended. If you or your employees are responsible for making curbside to-go sales of alcoholic beverages, ensure you have a valid TAM Card or else you could face penalties. Official TAM Cards can be obtained from TAM of Nevada.
Remember, these rules are temporary. Businesses should communicate with licensing authorities in their jurisdiction to make sure they are in compliance.
Alcohol sales professionals should continue to use the Techniques of Alcohol Management when they make curbside to-go alcohol sales. The same rules you learn in your TAM training still apply.
- Always check for valid I.D. before making a sale.
- You should not make a sale to someone who is visibly intoxicated. This is double as important when selling alcoholic beverages to someone who is immediately going to get back in their car and drive away.
If you have questions about getting a new TAM Card or renewing an existing TAM Card, you may contact us at [email protected]. The official TAM course is always available 24/7 at www.tamnevada.com.
Congratulations to Anjel T. of Las Vegas, winner of our most recent quarterly gift card giveaway!
Have you recently finished an alcohol awareness class with TAM® of Nevada? If so, we’d like to hear from you. Here at the TAM® office, we look to our customers their feedback on our business – from start to finish. As a token of thanks, we enter all our survey respondents into a quarterly drawing for a $25 Amazon.com gift card prize.
If you’ve recently completed your TAM® course, we invite you to access the survey and submit your response before our next drawing. Let us know your favorite part of the training, what you’ve learned, or your experiences with staff. You can also use the survey to ask us any questions you have.
Thank you again for choosing TAM for your alcohol awareness training. Remember to visit TAM of Nevada on Facebook and keep the conversation going.