We’ve gotten a lot questions from our students about the new rules for restaurants selling beer and wine to-go during the pandemic. As the COVID situation continues to evolve, some Nevada communities are allowing some temporary exceptions to their alcohol sales rules.
The Clark County Department of Business License has released a helpful guide with details that should be reviewed by all alcohol sales professionals. Here is a summary are the main points you should know:
- Clark County, the City of Las Vegas, and Henderson all have different rules for curbside alcohol sales. Make sure to visit the link above and read the rules for your jurisdiction.
- Businesses may need to apply for temporary licenses to offer alcohol to-go.
- In Clark County: Businesses can offer beer and wine on curbside to-go orders, but those orders must also include food. They may not sell hard liquor, or mixed drinks. Delivery services including Door Dash and Uber Eats are prohibited from delivering alcohol.
- In Las Vegas: Any alcohol sold must be in the sealed manufacturers’ container. That means no mixed drinks or house-blended beverages like sangria. A business can only sell the types of alcohol they are already licensed for. For example, a beer and wine licensee can only offer beer and wine with their to-go orders. They would not be permitted to sell hard liquor.
- In Henderson: Businesses can offer beer and wine on curbside to-go orders, but the order must also include food.
- Alcohol Awareness Cards: TAM Cards® are still required for ALL sellers and servers of alcoholic beverages. This program has not been suspended. If you or your employees are responsible for making curbside to-go sales of alcoholic beverages, ensure you have a valid TAM Card or else you could face penalties. Official TAM Cards can be obtained from TAM of Nevada.
Remember, these rules are temporary. Businesses should communicate with licensing authorities in their jurisdiction to make sure they are in compliance.
Alcohol sales professionals should continue to use the Techniques of Alcohol Management when they make curbside to-go alcohol sales. The same rules you learn in your TAM training still apply.
- Always check for valid I.D. before making a sale.
- You should not make a sale to someone who is visibly intoxicated. This is double as important when selling alcoholic beverages to someone who is immediately going to get back in their car and drive away.
If you have questions about getting a new TAM Card or renewing an existing TAM Card, you may contact us at email@example.com. The official TAM course is always available 24/7 at www.tamnevada.com.
Announcement: Beginning Friday June 26th, the TAM® of Nevada office will require all customers to wear a mask when visiting our office. This policy is in place to comply with Governor Sisolak’s order requiring face coverings in public.
Please wear your mask when picking up your TAM Card. In addition to this added protection, we’ll still be practicing other social distancing measures. We will continue to keep 2 meters of space between customers and offer hand sanitizer at the door.
If you visit our office without a mask, masks will be available for purchase at our reception desk at a cost of $1. Proceeds from mask sales will be donated to a local charity.
We look forward to seeing you soon! Our regular business hours are 8:30am-5:00pm Monday through Friday and 9:00am-12:30pm on Saturday.
We are all adapting to a new normal as we continue to practice social distancing during the coronavirus pandemic. While we are all looking for ways to keep our distance and stay safe, that can cause extra anxiety. TAM Card® requirements for hospitality workers haven’t changed, so how to adapt?
The obvious answer is – complete your training online!
We are often asked if our online TAM® course meets the same requirements as the classroom course. The answer is YES. Here are some additional benefits of an online alcohol awareness course:
Stay Socially Distance
Taking your TAM® course online is an easy way to limit your exposure to others. You don’t have to worry about sharing classroom space with others for several hours. You can launch the online course, anytime, from anywhere.
Online training is convenient. It is just that simple! You’ll receive the same great training you would in our classroom – without worrying about finding the best instructor or arranging a schedule for commuting to class.
Available Anytime 24/7
Night and weekend shifts shouldn’t stop you from finding a convenient time to take your course. Taking the time to attend a class after a long day at work or on a Saturday morning isn’t always appealing. With online training, you can work through the course 24/7. Go at your own pace, take a break, and save your progress. You can always return later to finish up.
One of the best benefits of online TAM® training is the price. While our traditional classroom course costs $35, you can take your training online for just $24.95. There is NO additional fee when you visit our office to pick up your official TAM Card®. In a time when we are all watching our budgets, this is a great way to save.
Same Great Service
Our friendly staff is still available to assist you with any questions you have about the TAM course. Feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (702) 545-6664 and let us know how we can help.
Have you ever lost or misplaced your TAM Card®? We understand how frustrating it can be to have your wallet lost or stolen. Here at TAM®, sometimes we receive telephone calls from Good Samaritans who find wallets and/or TAM Cards®, and want to get the belongings back to the owner.
While we never give your contact information to outside sources, always try to get in touch with you directly if someone finds your TAM Card. We always do our best reunite you with your lost belongings. For this reason, we’d like to encourage you to please let us know if you have a change in your contact information. If we have the most up-to-date phone numbers and e-mail addresses for our customers, we have a much better chance of reaching you.
If you would like to update your information in our system, please contact our friendly office staff at email@example.com or by phone at (702) 545-6664. They would be more than happy to update your contact info.
We also encourage you to take a photo of all your work cards, in case they are ever lost or stolen. It can be helpful to have a record of your important work card information, such as your TAM Card number, expiration dates, and more.
Even if your lost TAM Card® isn’t returned, don’t worry. We can print you a replacement card. Check out our blog post How to Get a Replacement Card in 3 Easy Steps for more information.