Often imitated, never duplicated, TAM® of Nevada has been the sole provider of official TAM® Cards to the Nevada community for over 25 years. Although there may be some other providers of credible alcohol awareness training classes in Nevada, not all courses are created equal. Rest assured, more employers recommend TAM® of Nevada for their employees’ alcohol education than any other provider, and for good reason. TAM® of Nevada students handle over 17 million sales transactions each year, and they’ve been trained to do it safely and effectively.
We know that hospitality professionals are busy, so we go above and beyond to provide you will the most effective and streamlined experience possible when it comes to obtaining a TAM® Card every four years. So what sets us apart from the competition? Here are a few reasons you can be happy you chose TAM® for your alcohol education card:
- Our training is engaging and valuable. Don’t settle for subpar training with pages of text and clip art or dull videos played by bored instructors. Our online and classroom course options both include fresh content with industry-specific scenarios for all types of employees. You can be sure your training is as up-to-date as possible, as reviews and updates are made to course material as necessary to keep pace with local and state laws and statutes. We also diligently review student feedback for anything we can do to further improve your class experience. Additionally, if you choose to complete your course in the classroom, you’ll get valuable instruction from fun and entertaining instructors with decades of industry experience.
- We don’t take shortcuts; be proud that your alcohol training and TAM® Card meet or exceed all state requirements. We work with state officials to make sure you receive the best education possible, touching on all required content. Additionally, we leverage our relationships with local employers and police agencies to make sure you learn about topics that are important to you, important to those who make hiring decisions and important in helping to keep consumers safe.
- Be proud that your card can’t be duplicated or obtained by cheating. Your TAM® Card will include your photo on the front of the card, just like a driver’s license. Not all alcohol awareness providers include a photo on their cards. We take this extra step to protect you, to verify your legitimate course completion, and to show your employer that you’ve completed the official TAM-branded course. Visit our website to see an example of a TAM Card, and steps on what to look for to make sure your TAM® Card is official!
- Additionally, the State of Nevada requires that all students must physically go to a course provider’s approved school location to take an exam that is proctored, and pass the proctored exam with a score of at least 75% to obtain a card. This means that you’ll either take your test at the conclusion of your classroom course, or you’ll have to visit our office after completing the online course to take your exam. This step ensures that cheaters aren’t able to obtain a card or let someone else take their exam for them. Be wary of any provider that promises to mail you an alcohol awareness card after completing an online exam, this is in violation of state law!
All in all, our students should all be proud once they’ve completed a TAM course. Carrying your card shows employees and coworkers that you’re committed to an important part of your job duties and responsibilities.
Here at TAM® of Nevada, we’re dedicated to excellent customer service, and educating our customers about the ins and outs of beverage service compliance here in Nevada. We’re open six days a week to teach classes and answer your questions. We often find ourselves providing details to our customers on several of the same topics. Here are the answers to some of your most burning questions:
- Can I also obtain my Sherriff/Work Card at the TAM® Office? Unfortunately, no. We are the only location in Nevada where you can obtain an official TAM® Card, but you’ll need to go elsewhere for your other employment requirements. A Sherriff/Work Card may be obtained from the Las Vegas Metro Police Department. For more information on Sherriff’s Cards, refer to the LVMPD website.
- What forms of picture I.D. are accepted for proof of identification at the TAM® Office? You’ll need to show us a picture I.D. before completing your proctored exam and picking up your card. Luckily, we accept several forms of I.D.! In addition to Nevada and out-of-state driver’s licenses, passports, and state ID cards, please refer to our website for a completing listing of valid forms of identification.
- What if I lost my TAM® Card or changed my last name? We often hear from students who have lost their TAM® Card, or changed their last name after marriage and were directed by their HR Office to update their TAM® Cards. If you originally obtained your card from TAM® of Nevada and it was not expired, there is no need to repeat the class! You may obtain a replacement TAM® Card at our office at a cost of $10. Please visit us during business hours, and bring photo identification. We’ll take your picture and print your new card right away.
- My TAM® Card is expired. How do I renew my card? Contrary to popular belief, there is no such thing as a “shorter” class for students who need to renew their alcohol education cards. State law mandates that students must complete the ENTIRE program following specific topics and curriculum every four years in order to remain in compliance. Plan on dedicating about 3 hours to your course – either online or in the classroom, followed by a short exam. Trade in your old card and get a new TAM Card® today.
- I want to attend class tomorrow. Do I need to register online, or can I walk-in? The choice is entirely up to you! You may visit our website to register for an upcoming course, or you may review our schedule and choose one of our convenient class times without pre-registering. For walks-ins, please arrive fifteen minutes before class begins to register at the door.
Still have questions? Visit the FAQs section of our website where you may find the answers you are looking for. You may also contact us by phone at 702-545-6664, email at [email protected], or send us a Facebook message at www.facebook.com/tamnevada. We’re happy to hear from you and look forward to answering your questions!
Good news for TAM® students in Laughlin! There’s no longer a need to travel to Las Vegas to complete a TAM® Class or proctored exam. Starting this Thursday, June 27th, we will be proctoring final exams, by appointment only, for online students in Laughlin at the Laughlin Chamber of Commerce building, in the Manpower office. Find us at 1585 S. Casino Drive, Suite #550, Laughlin, NV 89029.
The process for Laughlin students is simple:
- Sign up for the online TAM® class. One of the biggest benefits of completing your training online is that the course is available to you 24/7, any time day or night.
- Once you’ve completed the course, contact the office at 928-753-1113 to schedule your exam. Head to our Laughlin location to take the short test. There’s no additional cost to you to take your TAM® exam. Come prepared with a picture I.D. to prove your identity, such as a driver’s license or passport. For more examples of accepted forms of ID, visit the TAM website.
- Smile! After you complete your exam, we’ll take your picture for your TAM® Card. You’ll be TAM®-certified and ready to work immediately after passing your exam.
We look forward to educating new and returning students in Laughlin, Nevada. And remember, classes are also offered six days a week at our Training Center in Las Vegas, and the third Wednesday of every month in Mesquite. Check our class schedule to find a time that works for you.
© 2013 National Hospitality Institute®, TAM® of Nevada
Are you new in town and hoping your out-of-state alcohol awareness card is valid for your new job in Las Vegas? Don’t put yourself or your employer at risk, alcohol education cards from out-of-state won’t transfer in Nevada. Industry professionals should complete alcohol awareness training with TAM® of Nevada to meet local requirements.
Workers are drawn to this great state for its booming entertainment and nightlife industry, and all of the hospitality jobs that come along with the action. We often receive inquiries from out-of-state students asking if their alcohol education cards and education are transferable in Nevada. Why repeat training if it’s unnecessary? Unfortunately, liquor laws are specific to the states, counties and municipalities, so no, alcohol licenses are not transferable. You will need to take another alcohol awareness course here in Nevada before you begin your career.
All individuals hoping to work in the beverage sales and service industry in Nevada must complete an alcohol training program that has been approved by the Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education. Furthermore, check with your employer, in many cases an official TAM® brand card is required. TAM® of Nevada is an approved provider, and the only official provider of TAM® Cards in the state of Nevada.
Individuals that need to obtain their TAM® Card can complete their training online or in a traditional classroom environment with our certified instructors. Additionally, we now offer open lab time on Tuesdays for students who would like to complete their alcohol awareness training online, but do not have access to a computer. Students are welcome to visit our training center and use our computer lab to complete their training on Tuesdays between 9:00am and 5:00pm. Likewise, classroom-based training is available at several convenient times throughout the week, including Spanish classes on Tuesday evenings. Check out our alcohol awareness class schedule to find a class that is convenient for you!
© 2013 National Hospitality Institute®, TAM® of Nevada