It’s a beautiful summer in Las Vegas, and the always popular Life is Beautiful festival is right around the corner! Volunteers and employees will descend onto the festival grounds in downtown Las Vegas from September 22-24 to help serve and sell alcoholic beverages to festival attendees. If you’re planning to work this event, make sure you are prepared. Alcohol awareness cards are required for anyone selling or serving alcoholic beverages for any length of time, including special one-time events and festivals… and the TAM® Card is the number one choice of employers in Las Vegas.
We’re offering a special discount code for anyone who needs to get their TAM Card for the Life is Beautiful Festival. Use promo code BEAUTIFUL for 10% off your alcohol awareness training and TAM Card when you register at www.tamnevada.com. Whether you prefer to complete your course online or in our classroom, we’ve got you covered.
To register for a class and get your TAM Card, visit our website today.
Discount expires: 9/30/17
It’s official! In July 2017 legal recreational marijuana sales began across the state of Nevada. Do you know all of the new rules that can affect you? You can now register for the 30-minute online Nevada Marijuana Compliance Course to get up to speed on what’s new and need to know.
TAM of Nevada is offering this brand new online course, developed by O/E Learning. This new course can help you prepare for new and coming changes in the legal cannabis industry here in Nevada.
This training is the perfect introduction for employees of marijuana-based businesses, or for anyone who wants to learn more about the ins and outs of this new industry and laws. This interactive course includes fun animated scenarios and practical information for sales professionals.
While Nevada regulations are still in flux and may not be completely defined until sometime in 2018, this course gives you the foundation you need to be prepared. Objectives include:
- Understand the laws for legal possession and use of marijuana in Nevada.
- Recognize and recite the effects of marijuana, and the synergistic effects when combined with other drugs.
- Perform a successful I.D. check or diligent inquiry.
- Recognize the signs of visible intoxication for marijuana sales professionals.
Visit the TAM of Nevada website to learn more and get enrolled!
We are pleased to announce that TAM® of Nevada has been chosen by Restaurant Hospitality Institute to provide alcohol awareness training and TAM Cards for their students in Las Vegas. Alcohol awareness cards are required for all sellers and servers of alcoholic beverages in Clark County, and TAM® of Nevada is proud to offer this mandatory training with RHI’s curriculum.
A great hospitality professional can juggle customer satisfaction with a multitude of ever changing tasks each and every day. This includes fast-paced service, menu knowledge, heavy lifting, and keeping an eye to the health and safety of patrons. Given the rigors of the job, an exceptional hospitality education program, like the one offered by Restaurant Hospitality Institute, can be a great foundation for dedicated food and beverage professionals.
Visit the Restaurant Hospitality Institute website to learn more about their five-week food hospitality education program.
Welcome to lovely Las Vegas! Every year, new residents are drawn to Nevada by the chance to work in the vibrant hospitality industry. What they may not know is that there are special local work requirements in many industries. Before working in Nevada in the hotel, gaming, food and beverage industries, you must obtain 3 different cards to show you’ve met certain training and background check requirements – a TAM® Card, a Food Handler Card, and a Work Card. Read on to learn more about each!
- A TAM® Card, also called an alcohol awareness card or a drink card is required for anyone who works at an establishment where they sell or serve alcoholic beverages, and also for security guards. This includes cashiers who check I.D. and sell beer and wine products. To get a TAM Card, you take a short alcohol awareness course online or in the classroom at TAM of Nevada. You’ll get your card right after taking your final exam. The process is simple, and TAM employees are in the office six days a week to help you get your card in the most convenient way possible! Enroll in an online or classroom course now.
- A Food Handler Card, sometimes also referred to as a Health Card, is required for anyone who works in a food establishment such as a restaurant or bar. This includes kitchen staff, servers, managers, and anyone who could come into contact with food, ice, beverages, utensils, etc. To get a Food Handler Card, you may review online training information at the Nevada Health District website, and then visit their office to take the required test and pick up your card.
- Work Cards, sometimes also referred to as Sheriffs Cards, have been a requirement for employees in the gaming industry since the 1940’s. Employees are required to obtain this card for all positions in a gaming establishment and many other work places. The purpose of the Work Card is to document, investigate and license all employees of the gaming industry. Unlike TAM® and Food Handler Cards, you cannot obtain a Work Card before you have landed a job. Work Cards are issued by the Las Vegas Metro Police Department. You’ll get a work card application from your prospective employer, and will be fingerprinted by the police department as a part of the application process. For more information, visit the LVMPD website.
Good luck in your new position and remember that both TAM and Food Handler Cards expire after a certain number of years. Check your expiration dates and remember to visit the proper offices to repeat training and obtain your replacement cards as needed!