Las Vegas restaurants and convenience stores can now use third-party delivery services like Postmates and Uber Eats to deliver alcohol to their customers. The new law takes effect on Sunday, January 30, 2021. Businesses struggling under the strain of COVID restrictions will now have another avenue to boost revenues. Restaurants and bars can use this change to enhance their menus. For example, providing unique cocktail options that set them apart from liquor stores.
Are you planning to offer alcohol liquor delivery service from your business? Make sure you know all of the rules.
- The law states that all delivery drivers MUST complete mandatory alcohol awareness training and get their TAM Card®. Drivers will be responsible for checking ID’s for age and verifying addresses upon delivery.
- The only place to get a real TAM Card® is www.tamnevada.com.
- Delivery drivers must be 21 years or age or older.
- Delivery to hotels and casinos is not allowed.
If you’re a delivery driver and still need to get your TAM Card, you still have time! The official alcohol awareness course is available online 24/7 at www.tamnevada.com. After you complete your online training, visit the TAM® of Nevada office at 2310 Paseo Del Prado, A106, Las Vegas, NV 89102 to pick up your official TAM Card.
The only official TAM office in Las Vegas is open for business six days a week to issue TAM Cards. Our business hours are 8:30am-5:00pm Monday through Friday and 9:00am-12:30pm on Saturday. We look forward to seeing you soon
Las Vegas has a reputation as a city that knows how to showcase creative products and ideas. It comes as no surprise that many local businesses were quick to adopt the popular trend of alcohol-infused gourmet dessert products. Wine ice cream, margarita popsicles, vodka-infused whipped cream garnishes and more are all popping up on menus across the city. But you may be asking – am I required to confirm a guest is 21 or older in order to sell or serve these products? The answer is YES. Ice cream may be a favorite treat of the younger crowds, but TAM® Card holders must be extra vigilant in ensuring that alcohol-infused products are only sold to those ages 21 and over.
Creative establishments across Las Vegas including BLVD Creamery, the Neapolitan, Regal Cinemas, and Galaxy Theatres, and retail products available from makers such as SnoBar, Mercer’s Dairy are all offering unique products aimed at the 21 and up crowd.
Nevada law regulates alcoholic beverages and products containing one-half of 1 percent or more alcohol by volume, may not be consumed by anyone younger than 21 years of age (Nevada Revised Statutes).
What does this means for servers and sellers? Here are some tips to keep in mind if you’re planning to serve up an alcohol-infused sweet treat:
- Just like with any alcoholic beverage, it’s best to consume these alcoholic products in moderation. Each SnoBar ice pop, for example, holds the equivalent amount alcohol as one standard-size cocktail.
- In the case of infused whipped creams and garnishes, make sure to include the alcohol content in your overall calculation of alcohol for any drinks you whip up! Topping off an alcoholic coffee beverage with infused whipped cream could pack an extra punch, which should not be overlooked.
- Double check that your guests are being served exactly what they ordered. If you deliver an alcohol-infused product to a guest, aside from visually inspecting to make sure that they are receiving their correct order, you can repeat the beverage or dessert name to the patron upon delivery to confirm with them that they are receiving exactly what they ordered. If another staff member delivers to order to your patrons for you, swing by to make sure the order is correct and they are happy with their selection.
- Make sure that alcopops and alcohol-infused desserts sold off-premises are displayed in areas dedicated to alcoholic products and are clearly labeled. It is also important to make sure that employees working at the checkout counters are properly trained to be aware of the contents and to check identification.
- Servers and sellers should observe their guests just as they would if the guest was consuming a traditional alcoholic beverage and watch for signs of increased intoxication. Your mandatory alcohol awareness course will teach you what to watch for, and how to handle these situations.
For more tips on safe beverage service, complete your alcohol awareness training and obtain your TAM® Card today. Our courses are offered online, and in locations across the state of Nevada.
Often imitated, never duplicated, TAM® of Nevada has been the sole provider of official TAM® Cards to the Nevada community for over 25 years. Although there may be some other providers of credible alcohol awareness training classes in Nevada, not all courses are created equal. Rest assured, more employers recommend TAM® of Nevada for their employees’ alcohol education than any other provider, and for good reason. TAM® of Nevada students handle over 17 million sales transactions each year, and they’ve been trained to do it safely and effectively.
We know that hospitality professionals are busy, so we go above and beyond to provide you will the most effective and streamlined experience possible when it comes to obtaining a TAM® Card every four years. So what sets us apart from the competition? Here are a few reasons you can be happy you chose TAM® for your alcohol education card:
- Our training is engaging and valuable. Don’t settle for subpar training with pages of text and clip art or dull videos played by bored instructors. Our online and classroom course options both include fresh content with industry-specific scenarios for all types of employees. You can be sure your training is as up-to-date as possible, as reviews and updates are made to course material as necessary to keep pace with local and state laws and statutes. We also diligently review student feedback for anything we can do to further improve your class experience. Additionally, if you choose to complete your course in the classroom, you’ll get valuable instruction from fun and entertaining instructors with decades of industry experience.
- We don’t take shortcuts; be proud that your alcohol training and TAM® Card meet or exceed all state requirements. We work with state officials to make sure you receive the best education possible, touching on all required content. Additionally, we leverage our relationships with local employers and police agencies to make sure you learn about topics that are important to you, important to those who make hiring decisions and important in helping to keep consumers safe.
- Be proud that your card can’t be duplicated or obtained by cheating. Your TAM® Card will include your photo on the front of the card, just like a driver’s license. Not all alcohol awareness providers include a photo on their cards. We take this extra step to protect you, to verify your legitimate course completion, and to show your employer that you’ve completed the official TAM-branded course. Visit our website to see an example of a TAM Card, and steps on what to look for to make sure your TAM® Card is official!
- Additionally, the State of Nevada requires that all students must physically go to a course provider’s approved school location to take an exam that is proctored, and pass the proctored exam with a score of at least 75% to obtain a card. This means that you’ll either take your test at the conclusion of your classroom course, or you’ll have to visit our office after completing the online course to take your exam. This step ensures that cheaters aren’t able to obtain a card or let someone else take their exam for them. Be wary of any provider that promises to mail you an alcohol awareness card after completing an online exam, this is in violation of state law!
All in all, our students should all be proud once they’ve completed a TAM course. Carrying your card shows employees and coworkers that you’re committed to an important part of your job duties and responsibilities.
As a restaurateur or business owner, you choose the highest quality ingredients for your successful recipes; why not apply that same logic to all aspects of your business? TAM® training is driven by the same inspired purpose. Servers and sellers of alcoholic beverages in Southern Nevada must complete an alcohol awareness course. Available courses from local providers differ greatly in quality and quantity. As an owner who is passionate about your business, it’s a safe choice to mandate that your employees complete TAM® brand training. Choosing TAM® of Nevada for your employees’ mandatory alcohol awareness course requirements ensures that they are educated by instructors that have the same passion and standards for safe beverage service that you have for hospitality service and food.
Ensuring that your staff is properly trained on alcohol laws and safe beverage service will also reduce risk and liability for your business. Employees issued citations for serving alcohol to minors can also face up to a $1000 fine. When an individual employee fails a compliance check, the business license department is notified which may mean problems when renewing licenses. Owners or managers of a business that fails compliance checks can also be issued a citation and could face the revocation of their business license. Additionally, establishments which violate statute provisions pertaining to alcohol awareness training are subject to administrative fines ranging from $500 to $5000. It’s not worth the risk. Choosing the most comprehensive alcohol education protects you and your employees, your customers, and your business.
Often imitated, never duplicated, TAM® of Nevada has been the sole provider of official TAM® Cards to the Las Vegas community for over 25 years. There are several providers of credible and effective alcohol awareness training and drink cards, but TAM® of Nevada is the only authorized provider of the official TAM® card. Also, more employers recommend TAM® of Nevada for their employees’ alcohol education than any other provider, and for good reason. Remember, management has a responsibility to demonstrate their desire to be in compliance as opposed to just getting by – and the same goes for their team members.
We can evaluate your staff’s current status to make sure everyone is in compliance and holds a valid alcohol education card. TAM® is also able to offer alcohol awareness training for businesses scheduled on-site at work locations after large hiring sprees or several times throughout the year to meet each individual business’ unique requirements. With this option, you can count on a solution that works for your current employees, and ensures any new hires receive the same great training.
TAM® of Nevada has been providing training for corporate clients since its inception. Please contact us today to learn more or to arrange training for your staff.