The process to obtain a TAM® Card is simple! Check out our new video, which shows exactly how easy it is to obtain your TAM® Card online from TAM® of Nevada! Questions or comments? Let us know in the comments section below.
Make sure to also visit TAM of Nevada’s YouTube channel. We often hear from our students that they not only learned a lot from their TAM class, they enjoy the additional tips, news and humorous videos we share socially.
Often imitated, never duplicated, TAM® of Nevada has been the sole provider of official TAM® Cards to the Nevada community for over 25 years. Although there may be some other providers of credible alcohol awareness training classes in Nevada, not all courses are created equal. Rest assured, more employers recommend TAM® of Nevada for their employees’ alcohol education than any other provider, and for good reason. TAM® of Nevada students handle over 17 million sales transactions each year, and they’ve been trained to do it safely and effectively.
We know that hospitality professionals are busy, so we go above and beyond to provide you will the most effective and streamlined experience possible when it comes to obtaining a TAM® Card every four years. So what sets us apart from the competition? Here are a few reasons you can be happy you chose TAM® for your alcohol education card:
- Our training is engaging and valuable. Don’t settle for subpar training with pages of text and clip art or dull videos played by bored instructors. Our online and classroom course options both include fresh content with industry-specific scenarios for all types of employees. You can be sure your training is as up-to-date as possible, as reviews and updates are made to course material as necessary to keep pace with local and state laws and statutes. We also diligently review student feedback for anything we can do to further improve your class experience. Additionally, if you choose to complete your course in the classroom, you’ll get valuable instruction from fun and entertaining instructors with decades of industry experience.
- We don’t take shortcuts; be proud that your alcohol training and TAM® Card meet or exceed all state requirements. We work with state officials to make sure you receive the best education possible, touching on all required content. Additionally, we leverage our relationships with local employers and police agencies to make sure you learn about topics that are important to you, important to those who make hiring decisions and important in helping to keep consumers safe.
- Be proud that your card can’t be duplicated or obtained by cheating. Your TAM® Card will include your photo on the front of the card, just like a driver’s license. Not all alcohol awareness providers include a photo on their cards. We take this extra step to protect you, to verify your legitimate course completion, and to show your employer that you’ve completed the official TAM-branded course. Visit our website to see an example of a TAM Card, and steps on what to look for to make sure your TAM® Card is official!
- Additionally, the State of Nevada requires that all students must physically go to a course provider’s approved school location to take an exam that is proctored, and pass the proctored exam with a score of at least 75% to obtain a card. This means that you’ll either take your test at the conclusion of your classroom course, or you’ll have to visit our office after completing the online course to take your exam. This step ensures that cheaters aren’t able to obtain a card or let someone else take their exam for them. Be wary of any provider that promises to mail you an alcohol awareness card after completing an online exam, this is in violation of state law!
All in all, our students should all be proud once they’ve completed a TAM course. Carrying your card shows employees and coworkers that you’re committed to an important part of your job duties and responsibilities.
Fall has officially arrived and with it comes the opportunity for celebrations and events to increase sales, and to engage and entertain your guests. Halloween is always a popular celebratory event for restaurants and clubs, because it offers the opportunity for themed promotions and menu items, contests and special events, and more. This year, take the opportunity to experiment with Halloween-themed offerings at your establishment, and apply any lessons learned to other holiday-themed celebrations in the future (Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and more). Successful events will have your guests waiting with anticipation for your next celebration.
Here are some ideas on how to make the most of the Halloween season, and get more patrons into the door.
The party never stops in Las Vegas, but make sure your customers are served safely and responsibly. In 2012, almost half (48%) of all motor vehicle traffic fatalities on Halloween night (6 p.m. October 31 to 5:59 a.m. November 1) involved a drunk driver. In 2012 alone, 26 people were killed in drunk-driving crashes on Halloween night (NHTSA). The City of Henderson reports that Henderson Police officers will be joining forces with officers from neighboring jurisdictions to step up enforcement from Sunday, October 19 through Monday, November 3 looking for impaired drivers. Remember:
- If any of your costumed-patrons are wearing masks, they’ll need to take them off when you are checking I.D. Also make sure that you are not over-serving your guests when you are featuring special drinks. TAM® of Nevada will train you and your co-workers to provide a great celebration that will keep your patrons safe and willing to come back and party at your next holiday event.
- The best treat is a safe and sober ride home after a Halloween party. Keep the number to cab companies at your bar so that you can make the call whenever necessary. Companies like Designated Drivers, Inc. provide a responsible alternative to driving while impaired. A driver will be dispatched to take your patron home in their own vehicle, no worries about retrieving their car after they sober up.
How are you planning to kick-off the festivities this season?
Did you know that for every $100 spent at locally owned businesses, $45 stays in the local economy and helps create jobs? That is great encouragement to buy locally! TAM® of Nevada has been a part of the Las Vegas community for over 25 years, and is proud to continue offering an important service and superior product to local residents and businesses.
We are always happy to get involved with community events to promote safe beverage service, and we are happy to announce that we’ll be on site at the Henderson Community Expo on October 18th from 1:00pm to 4:30pm. The event promises to be a great opportunity to meet your neighborhood business community. The Henderson Community Expo 2014 will feature exhibits from over 50 local businesses as well as City of Henderson services including health and wellness, fire and crime prevention and public safety.
To learn more about the services we offer, visit our website, or stop by our booth and say “hello” on October 18th. Remember, we also offer special onsite alcohol awareness classes for groups and companies, and we’ll make sure your staff is trained the right way. Also be sure to stay up to date about this and other activities and events TAM® of Nevada will be attending by connecting with us on Facebook.
Henderson Community Expo 2014
October 18, 2014
1:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Location: Galleria at Sunset
Address: 1300 W. Sunset Road, Henderson, NV