Fall has officially arrived and with it comes the opportunity for celebrations and events to increase sales, and to engage and entertain your guests. Halloween is always a popular celebratory event for restaurants and clubs, because it offers the opportunity for themed promotions and menu items, contests and special events, and more. This year, take the opportunity to experiment with Halloween-themed offerings at your establishment, and apply any lessons learned to other holiday-themed celebrations in the future (Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and more). Successful events will have your guests waiting with anticipation for your next celebration.
Here are some ideas on how to make the most of the Halloween season, and get more patrons into the door.
- Offer special menu items or themed promotions. Create a Halloween-themed signature cocktail or fall-themed menu items to get your guests in a celebratory mood and trying something new. Check out HGTV’s Halloween-themed cocktail recipes for ideas on what to offer your patrons.
- Spread the word about any special events you are running in honor of the season. Try hosting a Halloween party complete with a costume competition, spooky music, or a Halloween-themed trivia night. For tips on using your social media channels to announce and promote your events, check out our blog post, ”Boost Your Bar Sales and Increase Your Guest Count with Social Media Presence and Deals.”
The party never stops in Las Vegas, but make sure your customers are served safely and responsibly. In 2012, almost half (48%) of all motor vehicle traffic fatalities on Halloween night (6 p.m. October 31 to 5:59 a.m. November 1) involved a drunk driver. In 2012 alone, 26 people were killed in drunk-driving crashes on Halloween night (NHTSA). The City of Henderson reports that Henderson Police officers will be joining forces with officers from neighboring jurisdictions to step up enforcement from Sunday, October 19 through Monday, November 3 looking for impaired drivers. Remember:
- If any of your costumed-patrons are wearing masks, they’ll need to take them off when you are checking I.D. Also make sure that you are not over-serving your guests when you are featuring special drinks. TAM® of Nevada will train you and your co-workers to provide a great celebration that will keep your patrons safe and willing to come back and party at your next holiday event.
- The best treat is a safe and sober ride home after a Halloween party. Keep the number to cab companies at your bar so that you can make the call whenever necessary. Companies like Designated Drivers, Inc. provide a responsible alternative to driving while impaired. A driver will be dispatched to take your patron home in their own vehicle, no worries about retrieving their car after they sober up.
How are you planning to kick-off the festivities this season?
- 23 To-Die-For Halloween Cocktails – HGTV
- Halloween Drunk Driving Prevention – NHTSA
- Henderson Police DUI Crackdown No Treat for Impaired Drivers – City of Henderson