Las Vegas kicked off the New Year in high style with parties at all of the hottest spots around town. Now, it’s time to get back to work! 2018 can be the year to resolve to make changes in your career, education and business. Still thinking about what your resolution will be? We have some ideas to get you started. Here are our suggestions for meaningful New Year’s resolutions that you can actually stick to:
- Renew your TAM Card and get trained the right way, with the best curriculum available. Whether you’re renewing your expiring card, or getting your very first TAM® Card, get your mandatory alcohol education at one of our online or on-site classes.
- Expand your draw with new bartending skills. Try learning some simple flair bartending techniques to add another job skill to your tool belt, and impress your guests with your new talent.
- Resolve to begin the search to find your dream job. Start out by watching for local job fairs, or take your resume to establishments you would be interested in working at. Read out blog post “Job Searching in Las Vegas? Ace Your Next Hospitality Industry Job Interview” for tips on making the most of your job search and nailing the interview. And remember to check out the local job posting board at our office when you come in to pick up your TAM Card. We work with lots of local employers to share their hospitality job openings with our TAM students.
- Take your customer service skills to the next level. Wow both your patrons and your boss with a fresh new outlook, positive attitude, and dedication to providing excellent service. As a bonus, projecting a positive attitude will help YOU to relax and enjoy your job! Read “Qualities of a Top-Notch Service Professional” for more tips.
- Brainstorm new ideas, deals, or events for your establishment to kick start sales and draw in new patrons. There are many reasons why establishments can see a sales dip, but hard work and creative thinking can pay off big for your business. Start by making a list of holidays that could merit a celebration, new menu items to promote with special deals, and make sure you have an active and effective presence on social media channels to connect with your customers. Check Out “Are Your Happy Hour Deals Falling Flat? New Ideas to Boost Your Bar Sales” or “Promotions and Marketing: Hosting a Bar Trivia Night” for more ideas to help you get started.
Wishing a Happy New Year to all from TAM® of Nevada. What is your New Year’s Resolution?