Fall has officially arrived and with it comes the opportunity for celebrations and events to increase sales, and to engage and entertain your guests. Las Vegas has always been a hub for nightlife and celebration for visitors and local alike, and you can bet on increased bar traffic when there is reason to kick back and enjoy. Both Oktoberfest and Halloween are great holidays for restaurants and clubs because they offer the opportunity for themed promotions and menu items, contests and special events, and more.
Here are some ideas on how to make the most of these well-known and well-loved celebrations and get more patrons into the door.
- Offer special menu items or themed promotions. Oktoberfest is for celebrating great beer; why not offer a beer sampler or specially-priced happy-hour beer menu to entice your guests? Halloween offers the same opportunity; try creating a spooky-themed signature cocktail or fall-themed menu items to get your guests in the celebratory mood and trying something new. Check out Real Simple’s Halloween-themed cocktails for ideas on what to offer your patrons.
- Spread the word about any special events you are running in honor of the season. Having a themed celebration is a great way to attract patrons looking to enjoy the holidays. Try having an Oktoberfest-themed celebration with live music and German-themed menu offerings, or a Halloween party complete with a costume competition.
- Make sure your customers are safe. Remember: If any of your costumed-patrons are wearing masks, they’ll need to take them off when you are checking I.D. Also make sure that you are not over serving your guests when you are featuring special drinks. TAM® of Nevada will train you and your co-workers to provide a great celebration that will keep your patrons safe and willing to come back and party at your next holiday event.
Looking for even more inspiration or want to visit some local events around town? Check out Las Vegas Weekly’s guide to Oktoberfest events around Las Vegas here. How are you planning to kick-off the festivities this season?
- Break out the Lederhosen, Steins – Oktoberfest Is On Tap – Las Vegas Weekly
- 5 Spooky Halloween Cocktail Recipes – Real Simple
© 2011 National Hospitality Institute®, TAM® of Nevada